Sunday 23 March 2014

Module 1 Chapter 5

I am just back from a few days in Bologna with my sister.  It is a beautiful city and I can well recommend it for a short break.  We walked miles through streets that are narrow and colourful and each footpath is covered with an arcade.  There are about 40 miles of them altogether.  Below are a couple of my favourite and most colourful photo's of the trip.



The lion was part of a fountain in the main square and the street was a busy main road but each house was a different colour, I didn't see two the same. As you can see, the weather was lovely, warm and sunny.

Now it is back to work.The first part was based on a picture of an avocado as it has a bit of shape without being too intricate.  I remember doing this exercise in the past with a shell and I dug out my old work and had a look at it to remind myself.  It's amazing what you find in old notebooks when you look back.  After doing a few of these arrangements I change my template and picked a broccoli leaf from the garden and traced round that.  I really liked this piece, it is more delicate.  The pink paper is an old paper bag.  I then ate the broccoli with my meal.



 For the next part I have photographed the pot of potatoes I chose as my inspiration and I cut out two coloured papers and chose a coloured background.   It was only after having done several arrangements I re-read the instructions and realised I should have changed the background so I quickly did a few at the end. 















 

 












I then cut the design out of four sheets of different paper and arranged them on a dark background and then the last ones are on a blank page in my sketchbook.







The dark ones remind me of venitian face masks.  I have printed the photographs and put them in my sketchbook along with my favourite arrangements which is the second to last one mainly for the patterns it has created and the last of the earlier arrangements on the green background, again because it has more pattern in it.  I am sure I could have done even more arrangements but I had done 5 hours on my knees on the floor and they were begining to ache a bit so I stopped here.




No comments:

Post a Comment