Tuesday 25 November 2014

Module 2 Chapter 8

I started doing this chapter in the summer, just taking photographs as I saw things.  One or two other people got involved and they enjoyed looking out for things.  I was quite suprised when I started putting it together that I was only about 5 letters short of a full alphabet.  I have to thank a friend of mine, Hazel, who has done this exercise and posted it on her blog.  I did take a look to see where she had got her ideas from and I did steal the brickwork one.  Here are my photographs and where they came from.  I had a bit of trouble putting the pictures on randomly so I found this template but there was only room for 25 so I had to tage Z on the end.


A - Bird scarers     B - Wroght iron gate       C - Radiator       D - Garden seat side on
E - Electric fire decoration        F - Brickwork        G - Sewerage grating        H - Brickwork
I -     Wooden post         J - Wrought iron fence       K - Canes on garage floor     
L - Window architecture       M - University architecture         N - Fencing      O - Bungalow window
P - Sewing machine thread guide         Q - Wardrobe door handle upside down    R - arranged fabric
S - Wall bracket       T - Shovel handle       U - Horseshoes        V - Bracket on telegraph pole side on
W - Heraldic device      X - Gate         Y - Pickle fork       Z - Road sign side on


The next set I managed to arrange randomly.   I could have done the whole alphabet from 1960's/70's LP sleeves, they are so colourful and imaginative.




A - Tag Heur logo       B - Embroidered sampler       C - Children's theatre poster      D - Damart logo
E - Title page in book (Eire)     F - Illuminated latter        G - Great Railways Journeys log
H - Record sleeve    I - Record sleeve       J - See 'G'        K - Newspaper advertisement
L - Tate & Lyle logo       M - Embroidered letter       N - 'Indigo'  clothing range      O - Oxo logo
P - Part of Tag Heur advertisement       Q - Theatre Poster       R - Regatta logo    
S - supermarket fruit label       T - Childrens book       U - Artist's print       V - Volkswagen logo
W - Volkswagen logo      X - Next logo        Y - New York Times        Z - Restaurant name



 
This third photograph are some of the ones I liked but didn't include.  The first and the last are from second world war posters.

1 comment:

  1. You far exceeded my efforts. I am trying to think up a new challenge for myself at the moment. Perhaps in the New Year? Sorry not to see you at K&S.

    ReplyDelete