Thursday 4 December 2014

Module 2 Chapter 9

Klimt.

I have a book of my own on Klimt so I didn't take any photographs to put in my sketchbook and I used the illustrations from my book for my inspiration.

My first pages are black and white drawings of shapes that Klimt uses in his paintings.  I then decided to do another page of them but using colour.


 
My next page was using these shapes to make a complete picture.  The background is bronze acrylic sprayed with gold acrylic.  I have used silver and gold papers and black card to make some of the shapes.
 
 
I particularly liked some of these shapes so I have used them again in my illuminated letter.  I was quite pleased with this one.  I had tried to copy Klimts way of making the central figure quite pale in comparison to the background, although the photograph comes out much darker than the original.
 
 
My last one I have used the letter 'K' that I made in an earlier chapter and worked the designs around it.  Again I have kept the letters light in colour in comparison to the background and have not even outlined them.  I tried to make very concentrated patterns as in the picture 'A kiss for the whole world'.
 
 
I've never been quite sure how much I like Klimt's work, I think it is a bit 'busy' for me.  I much prefer the simple lines of Jasper John.

No comments:

Post a Comment