Friday 31 January 2014

Activities 1.3 & 1.4

I really enjoyed doing this section, I couldn't believe how the time flew by.



I now own a selection of the recommended colours in acrylic paint.  I was amazed at the range of colours they produced and together with the ones I already owned (not shown here) I can make just about every colour there is, especially greens.  My cobalt blue with cadmium yellow produces an olive green which is very useful.


The colours in the red and blue range are not so clear here.  There is a slight difference but I added too much black too soon.  On the right hand side of the first three rows I have added another primary colour to make a secondary tint, this was just to see how it worked.
Earlier this month I visited the Klee exhibition at Tate Modern and I tried to demonstrate on the bottom row, how he taught gradation to his pupils.  Divide your paper into seven sections, start with red at the left and paint the first six sections.  Paint the seventh section green and all the other sections green back to the end of the second sections.  Then paint red again from section 2 to section 5 and so on, reducing the number of sections painted each time.  I found mine just became sludgy in the middle.  Don't think I am ready for art school yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment