Wednesday 15 January 2014

Activity 1

Not used to blogging about myself, I usually do blogs for groups so they are more information lead.

I have started this course using acrylic colours that I already have that are on the recommended list.  I spent some time tearing up paper so that I didn't have to stop once I had got going.  I mainly used wallpaper lining and some tissue paper that actually looked like brown paper.  I have done one page in my sketchbook and then added the others in.  I felt I was a bit short of things to work with, I didn't have an old comb or sponge rollers, etc.  but I have done as much as I think I can with what I have got.  My plan is to go shopping next week to top up my colours and get a childrens pack of painting tools. 

I normally use Koh-i-Noor paints and I have recently discovered Inktense blocks but I didn't think these would work for this activity, the acrylics worked best.


This is page 1 in my sketchbook.  I have scanned these picture in but the writing doesn't come out very clearly.  The marks in the middle are created by painting a long twisting shell and rolling it on the paper.  As the shell wasn't touching the paper all the way down, the printing is broken.


 
This is page 2 of my sketchbook.  I painted on a babywipe and while moving it I accidently stretched it which changed the shape of the painting so I stretched it some more and stuck it in my book.



Page 3 is on wallpaper lining paper.  I have used brushes, the end of a tube, a spray pen and a sponge


 
Page 4 is mostly painted with brushes in two sizes using the brush and the wooden end.


Page 5 is on the brown tissue paper.  The top is painted with thin paint and then stamped on with thick paint.  I have spattered with thin paing and used a plastic edge with thick paint to make the straight line.s

 
Page 6 is wallpaper lining paper that has been washed over with water.  I have mostly used brushes with thick pain over the wash and then after a short time I blotted it with kitchen paper, which I realise now, I forgot to keep and file in my book.
 
Of all the marks I have made my favourite is the rings done with the end of the kitchen roll tube.  Rolling the brush and stretching the baby wipe were the most suprising marks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment