Monday 2 March 2015

Mod 3 Chapter 2 - Creating Movement with line

This first exercise is done with a fineline pen number 8.


The first square is (allegedly) straight lines, the second is straight lines with variable spacing.  The third is wavy lines and the fourth is stepped lines.

The next two are done in 3B pencil and start with wavy lines either side of a central straight line.  I didn't think the first one had much of a wave to it so I did a second one which are more like bulges than waves.


The next four are done in charcoal.  The first page is zig zag lines and wavy lines.  The second page is  the same but using the side of the charcoal stick rather than the point.


The next set is done with pen and ink.  Firstly lines moving round solid discs and the second one is line moving round squares and rectangles.

I then decided to have a go and see what happened when you mixed the shapes.

I missed this page of waves and zig zag's.  All done with a staedtler fine pen.

Here I have used colour after looking at the Bridget Riley painting below.  I couldn't get the waviness right but I quite liked the patterns it created.  Done with coloured pencils.






This is Bridget Riley.  I have pasted the black and white design in on it's side as I find it a bit easier on the eye that way.

I chose these two pages of Victor Vasarely paintings.  I loved the face but my daughter hated it, she thought it was scary.



 These are my Paul Klee choices.  The first is called 'Exuberance' and it certainly has plenty of that.

I chose these pictures by Franz Marc.  The small one is of foxes and the larger one birds.   I love the colour in these.
This last one is my version of a Victor Vasarely.  I made a bit of a mess with the paint and I realised that the colour changes don't work when doing them straight across the page.  They have to be angled or curved to be able to make the changes.  Am reasonably happy with the result as I know where my mistakes are.

No comments:

Post a Comment