Friday 13 March 2015

Module 3 Chapter 3

Kandinsky

I looked on Google images at pictures by Kandinsky but you have to be careful, not all of them are by him.  I was interested to see that not all the shapes are a single block of colour, some are shaded and some are mixed colours.  I chose these three pictures as representative of his work.




I particularly liked the one in the middle and based my own picture on that one.  However, before I started that one I spotted this picture and had to have a go at representing it . I think it looks like a little alien.


I got so far with my main picture and wasn't sure where to go next.  My daughter didn't think it needed anymore doing to it but I thought it did.  So I took your advice from an earlier module and I photographed what I had done so far.  I also photocopied it and worked on the copy.

This is the original

and this is the photocopy with the extra pieces added.  I am not convinced about the black half triangle at the top left, I thought the straight black line would link it all together but it isn't right, it's the only straight line in the picture and looks odd.

Making pictures like Kandinsky was harder than I expected.  Getting the balance right takes some thought but I enjoyed doing it just the same.  It was nice to look at his work again.

No comments:

Post a Comment