Friday 20 March 2015

Module 3 Chapter 4

Printed lines

This is my first page with the various tools I used to print.  I did acquire a few more over the time I spent doing the printing.
From now on I have mixed the two activities.  I was so busy printing away that I didn't realise I had done some of activity one and then some of activity two and then gone back to one.

On the left is printing as many prints as possible before recharging my stamp.  On the right I have printed curved lines.

Again this is printing as long as possible without recharging the stamp and again it is straight lines of stamps on the left and curved lines on the right.

This one is a bit pale but they are overlapping prints in wavy lines.

These are also overlapping prints.  The top one is with a single stamp the bottom one is with two different stamps and in a different colour.

Here I have introduced a second colour into the printing.  

The top one is random overlapping prints and the bottom one gradually get closer together and the line changes.


Here I introduced another colour.  The top picture shows the stamp picking up two colours.  The bottom picture I have changed the colour intermittently.


I missed this page earlier.  On the left are groups of overlapping prints and on the right I have introduced a second colour into the printing.
The top one is two colours overlapping and I quite like this one.  The second one is overlapping prints with a second print added in a different colour.

I went to a workshop to learn Batik.  I had never done it before so I used the printing techniques for my first piece just to get used to how to do the wax and this is the result.


I then did this piece which I do quite like and I am sure I can use but it demonstrates the use of printing a shape but in a different technique.


2 comments:

  1. Who are you doing your course with? I am impressed at the amount of work you have been doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hazel,

      I am doing the course with Viv White from Distantstitch. I have joined the local art club which gives me a 2 hours session once a week when I know I can get my paints out, etc. It also focuses the mind when you are packing your bag to go, I make sure I have enough paper ready and things to work with so I am not breaking off to go and look for them.
      Hope you are well. I keep looking at your blog.

      Delete