Thursday 29 September 2016

Module 5 Chapter 4

Your own face.

I found this quite hilarious at times.  The funny images while drawing with your eyes shut and then the difficulty trying to get a picture to look a bit like you do.  Maybe I should start with a photograph of what I really look like.


Firstly drawing with your eyes shut and using your non drawing hand to guide you over your features.


I think I can see where Klee gets his ideas from!  So I had a second go this time using charcoal instead of pencil.


Not sure where my nose went.

I then did two continuous line drawings this time looking in a mirror.  In all these four, I have removed my glasses.


Done with charcoal and still doesn't look like anyone.


This was done with pencil and may be getting nearer.
I then did the observed self portrait drawing, the first one in charcoal without my glasses.


A bit better.  Looks a bit more like a human being.

This second one is in pencil and I have plucked up courage and put my glasses on.  


I am not sure that the glasses have improved what I am seeing but I am growing to like this one.  Noses are extremely difficult to draw.  

A very difficult chapter for me.  I found it hard to put all the shading in and not get it too heavy. I also think I subconsciously missed a few lines here and there.


No comments:

Post a Comment