Tuesday 11 February 2014

Activity 2.3

I decided to play devil's advocate here and chose the three sections next to each other that are really three different colours.  To me, this is where the colour wheel joins up and the continuity isn't quite as good.
 
So, this is yellow/orange, yellow and green/yellow.  Because the orange is so different it splits the whole blending up.  It isn't helped by the fact that I have accidently arranged the orange in a row.  I still wouldn't hesitate to team orange with green,  Marigolds are lovely!


Now I have moved one wedge to the right and have got yellow, green/yellow and green.  My green colour has come out much bluer here than on my page, both the green and the pale green.  The blending of colours is much better and I think that using different yellows and blues you could eventually get a range of greens that all tone in well together.
 
Moving one more wedge to the right I have now got green/yellow, green and blue/green.  I am using much thiner paint hereand the colours blend in really well.  The white I have is a different group to the others although it is the same make and it is much thicker and more opaque and even though I have thinned it down the coverage is still quite flat.  I am pleased with this excercise and enjoyed doing it, I think this page looks good, the colours do all work well together.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment