Tuesday 11 February 2014

Activity 2.2

I think a trip to the opticians is in order after this excercise!  Using purple and yellow I did page one with basic squares.
 
This worked fine, the smaller the squares the more the darker colour takes over.

 
I liked the one on the top left, shading from light to dark, I think it worked really well.  Top right was rectangles in two directions created a different pattern of zig zags but not shading.  Bottom left was large and small squares and rectangles.  It is supposed to be staggered at the sides like the ones above but they seem to have merged by the time I got to the bottom.  The bottom right was supposed to be random lines but it seems to have come out similar to the one on the left.  I didn't think that the two patterns showed up very well so I inked in the line where the pepper is shaped but I don't think I improved things.  I should have left it as it was.  I then realised that I had only done straight lines so make my patterns so I decided to try wavy lines.

 
I love the top two.  They may not have a lot of shading but the patterns they have formed are great.  You could take this one on forever.  I then wondered about changing the form of the pattern again from lines to dots.  This works well too, except that it looks like a very sick pepper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment