Monday 24 February 2014

Module 1, Chapter 3.1

I hope I have done this right.  Many of these colours are what I would call beige rather than grey.  I hope you can see all the shades in the photograph.


Starting from the top left - black and white from tubes mixed together to make various shades of grey.  Top right - black made from equal quantities of red, yellow and blue (that is the top card).  This is then mixed with white to make shades of grey.  Bottom left - the top card is red & blue mixed together to make purple and then yellow added, this has made pinky shades of beig.  Bottom centre - the top card is blue and yellow mixed to make green then red added.  This produces a brownier beige.  The bottom two cards have had extra water added to card colour 5 and 2 (if that makes sense).  This has had the effect of slightly changing the shade.  Bottom right is red and yellow mixed to make orange and then blue added.  This came out very green and I decided I had not added enough red to the mix but when I did, I got back to a regular grey so I wasn't sure where I had gone wrong on this one or if this is correct.  Looking at your colours, I was expecting another shade of beige.  Also, with the beige colours, adding the mixed colour to white seemed to change the shade and bring out one particular colour.    This was very interesting and reminds me that if I want to use beige, I need to mix plenty of colour otherwise it will be extremely difficult to match it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment