Monday 24 February 2014

Module 1. Chapter 3.2 and extra activity

This is what I always dread, having to draw and paint something and try to make it look like the original.  My sister is the painting artist in the family.

So I chose what I hope was a simple arrangement that had a reasonable quantity of light and shade and I photocopied it in black and white to start with.

 
From this picture I chose the rhubarb and leeks to draw.  The photocopy I didn't find all that useful as it was very dark.
 


This was my picture in greys and white.  I got a bit confused with where all my sticks of rhubarb followed through so they aren't all in a line.  I was suprised what a difference a background colour made, anything other than white.



This was my second go using orange and I got the rhubarb lined up a bit better. 



For this one I used the turquoise blue and put in a grey background.  I think it might be a bit dark but it certainly makes it dramatic.


 

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed. Keep going as your drawing will improve as you practice.

    ReplyDelete