Monday 24 February 2014

Chapter 2 - Extra activity

I really looked forward to doing this exercise and it didn't disappoint.  I made some lovely patterns and the colours all looked wonderful.  I decided to use some of the paints that I hadn't used too much so far.



So this one is turquoise blue and orange using cadmium yellow.  I will I had photographed my palette with the paint in because the turquoise was so much more distinctively 3 different shades.  On this page, all the squares are the same size.



Here I have used the magenta to make red and red/orange.  Here the lines angle slightly across the page.  I liked this one.  I have just noticed that the sun came out right across the page. 



This is red/violet using magenta and green/yellow using cadmium yellow and turqoise.  This time I have drawn wavy lines across the page.  I just love the colour and pattern of these pages.  I don't normally work with a lot of colour, my daughter's comment is usually 'it's very nice but it's brown again).


 
 
I decided to take out one of the patterns on the violet/green page and try it in fabric.  Firstly, as you will see, patchwork is not my forte, neither is free machining round the edge of patchwork. I just can't do all that careful measuring and cutting.  I used three shades of red and green and all are cotton fabrics.   I didn't think it would work at all but using a single colour for the stitching brings them all together.  It was just a quick piece and I am sure it would look much better with a bit more thought over the choice of fabric rather than using scraps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment